CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

A message from the astronaut who recently lost his mother

I hate reading about stories and then not hearing a followup. I was glad that Abcnews.com reported that a statement was released. My prayers go with Tani & his family.

Here is the text of Tani's message:

"I would like to thank everyone who has expressed their condolences during this time of grieving for me and my family. Living on the space station means that I experience all aspects of life -- be they joyous or tragic -- while circling the Earth without a convenient way to return. Of course, I was aware of this situation before my mission and I fully accept that I will proudly complete my mission on the International Space Station and join my family when I return. My NASA management and colleagues have been fully supportive through this and I would like to thank them for their concern and compassion.

"My mother was a complete joy. Those who knew her will know that words cannot describe her vitality, generosity and warmth. She was my hero. We will all miss her dearly."

0 comments: